Thursday, January 05, 2006

My First Holga

OK so it's not really a Holga. It's a WOCA, a HOLGA with a glass lens. My son gave it to me for Christmas along with the filter holder and filter set.

There are a lot of Holga resources on the web regarding mods and what to do when you get your camera and I wasted no time. The first thing I did was remove the lens and tape up the camera so i could flock the interior. I also got the 6x6 insert and flocked it as well. The fake leather-like sections of the plastic I painted a glossy blue. For the interior I used America's Finest Ultra Flat Black. This was two days ago.

Last night I drilled a hole in the bottom and epoxied a 1/4" Cap Nut for a tripod thread. Next I plan on working on the film plane and adding tensioners to keep the film taught. I might also buy a newer Holga to get a shutter with Bulb so that I don't have to modify mine.

What I would really like to do is add a Prontor shutter and still have the Holga lens.

Another mod I am contemplating is removing the glass lens and taking it to an optician to have it coated. We'll see.

Images will be posted to my Pbase page:
http://www.pbase.com/billkaroly/

Later...

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

I like the images you have on pbase. I'm still trying to understand what's so cool about the camera other than it is almost like building your own camera from scratch. But as your son I feel that I can say "It's pretty cool," even though I don't totally understand your fetish yet. I'm excited to see what pictures you are able to create with it.

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home